I want to know that does motherboards are designed for any particular processor. Actually I have an AMD Athlon processor and I am searching for motherboard but in the market it is not available. I want to know that, can Intel processor and AMD processor has same pin configuration.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Motherboard are designed for a particular processor..so if it's designed for AMD then you can use AMD only. If it's designed for intel then you can use intel only. You can can check also the processor socket of your motherboard, to check the difference.

I want to know that does motherboards are designed for any particular processor. Actually I have an AMD Athlon processor and I am searching for motherboard but in the market it is not available. I want to know that, can Intel processor and AMD processor has same pin configuration.

Ans:- yes the perticular motherboard is made for peticular processor but the AMD processor can use in ASUS board.

Ans:- yes the perticular motherboard is made for peticular processor but the AMD processor can use in ASUS board.

only if the asus board is designed for amd cpu, .
intel and amd haven't used the same socket since the early days when amd firs stold the techonigly from intel .it was socket 7 wayback !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_7

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.