I recently built my first computer from the ground up. Spent quite a bit of time on newegg picking all the parts i wanted and if they are compatible. After i got everything put together and booted it up, everything seems to power up = all the fans are turning (even on the graphics card), all LEDs turn on, hard drive and disk drive seem to function. But no video ever comes up on the montior. just says no signal. ive checked all connections and verified everything is compatible online. no answers. im lost. please help

here are all the components that i purchased. see if im overlooking some compatibility problem:

-AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX

-GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

-OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

-ZOTAC ZT-50703-10M GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

-G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

-Rosewill RNX-N250PC IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft PCI Draft N 2T2R Wireless Adapter Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates ...

-Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

-ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

-COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

THANKS FOR ALL HELP IN ADVANCE!!!

Devon

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

May sound stupid, but have you connected the PCI-e power cable to the video card ?

May sound stupid, but have you connected the PCI-e power cable to the video card ?

oh yeah its plugged in for sure. the power supply had many pci-e connections. my graphics card took two 6 pin connectors

Have you tried the monitor cable in a second output on the card?
Is the bios set up to use the pci-ex as 1st option?
Do you see anything on the monitor at all whilst booting?

you list all parts but the monitor ,no by any chance using a dvi to vga converter to connect it to the monitor are you

Did you read the manual to the video card saying which is for the first monitor (if it matters) and then you might have to use on-board vga / what ever to first configure it for a graphics card (had that issue once myself). Have Fun!

Don't know if this helps, but does the mobo have an additional slot by the processor that needs a power supply cord? Maybe an eight pin? I say this because I had the exact problem you are having recently when I built a new PC. I RMA'd the Mobo, got a new PSU and made sure to hook it all up correctly, and voila! It worked just fine. Take another look at the mobo, that could be it.

I have had the almost exact same problem with the lack of POSTing (fans running, no video etc...). I installed my old CPU, to flash the BIOS, and it worked. Put the FX-8120 back in and it gave me continual 3 beeps as if it was a memory error. Seems something isn't working and it isn't us. I wonder who is going to fess up first to the problem, MSI or AMD?

This is what is working now. I just want to put my new CPU in and be happy!

AMD Athlon II X2 250
MSI 970A-G45
2x VisionTek PC3-14900 4GB
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870
Corsiar 750w Power Supply.
Windows 7 64bit.

turn on the computer hit reset Cmos display should turn on and make sure 8core is in

Click Here

oh and you could have a dead cpu defective

I checked several months ago and the Zotac video card was not compatible with my similar system. It was either the CPU or the Mainboard chipset, but I made a note to check carefully before buying a Zotac.

Well congrats to your effort first and secondly check all the supplies of moniter then keep your fingers crossed and hope for a miracle

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.