Four year old PC running on XP with AMD Duron Processor MMX , 600 Mhz.
I wish to install Photoshop which requires 800 Mhz.; Will it run OK or should I fit faster processor, and is it safe to do so?
Thanks
Tez

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

your motherboard determins what processors your computer can handle. Photoshop is a pretty demanding piece of software requiring lots of ram and a fast processor to do anything efficently. It may be more woth your money to upgrade your whole computer.

If you wish to upgrade, tell us what motherboard you have, or if it is a store bought computer (ie. sony, dell, compaq, etc) tell us its make and model number and i will find out if you can upgrade and how fast it is possible to do so to.

your motherboard determins what processors your computer can handle. Photoshop is a pretty demanding piece of software requiring lots of ram and a fast processor to do anything efficently. It may be more woth your money to upgrade your whole computer.

If you wish to upgrade, tell us what motherboard you have, or if it is a store bought computer (ie. sony, dell, compaq, etc) tell us its make and model number and i will find out if you can upgrade and how fast it is possible to do so to.

Hi
It's an IBM Netvista 2248. with AMD Duron. The motherboard is given as AOpen MK33 (3PCI, 1 AGP, 3SDR)
I had an extra hard drive fitted a couple of years ago (20Gb) in addition to the paltry 10Gb. 320MB RAM. On XP.

I think you can upgrade to around 850-900 mhz amd athalon with that board (dont quote me on that because i havent found any crediable site that directly states this), but i think you will have a hard time buying a processor for this to upgrade because no one sells them anymore. I think your best bet will be to purchase a $70-80 motherboard and processor combo from a site like tigerdirect or newegg and get a stick of 512 ram for $30 and use your existing rom drives/graphics card/hard drives because it seems like this is one of those cases where upgrading is just not really worth it.

OK thanks for your help.
Tez

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.