Im building a new desktop for my budget and I want to know if which is best to buy AMD or Intel and what cheap motherboard should go in it not over the $90 range I heard Asrock is a budget/gaming motherboard.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

AMD chips are usually cheaper than Intel ones of similar capabilities. Here is a link to an Asus motherboard (good quality) for AMD chips, which also has audio and video onboard, $66.99 at rakuten.com (formerly buy.com): http://www.rakuten.com/sr/searchresults.aspx?qu=asus+A68HM-E

Do remember, you still need a case, power supply, CPU chip, RAM, disc drive, and operating system.

I should run an AMD through that thanks for the Reply!

intel is better in durability and performance, but AMD offer better price. if you a gamer you should take AMD

Ah but when it comes to heavy gaming intels I7 and I5 top of the line 5th gen cores then gaming gets very serious even with the extreme editions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.