I have a amd 754 pin cpu and im thinking of upgrading to the sli board they have for that processor but i hear it cant use the new sli drivers. Thats what it says from the shop im thinking of buying from.
Does that mean i just use the drivers that come with the motherboard? ok heres my questions. I currently have a 7800agp but want the top gaming experience.

a. Am i better getting a new cpu processor like 939 for driver availabilty for sli.
b. Get a mobo that only has 1 pcie port and that will do me for the 754 pin.
c. Get the 754 pin sli board and you will find the old drivers for it. 40 quid plus a pcie card until i get another video card for sli mode.

Anyone know if this K8SLI-eSATA2 board is worth installing eventhough the new sli drivers are not available on this board.
any help would be much appreciated.
Greenhouse..:eek: :idea: :cheesy:

There is no such issue with the 754 Athlon64s not supporting SLI. All you need is a 754 board with two PCI-E slots and you're good to SLI. Ofcourse, you'll also need two identical graphics cards.

Now, to answer each of your question

a. Am i better getting a new cpu processor like 939 for driver availabilty for sli.
b. Get a mobo that only has 1 pcie port and that will do me for the 754 pin.

No need. Your current processor's fine

c. Get the 754 pin sli board and you will find the old drivers for it. 40 quid plus a pcie card until i get another video card for sli mode

Get the SLI board. The latest SLI drivers are released by nVidia directly and you can download the latest ones off of www.nvidia.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.