Last night I accidentally knocked my computer and it froze, so I turned it off at the mains and when I tried to turn it back on it gave me a sequence of beeps. 1 long beep and 2 short ones. Today I removed the suspected problem [graphics card] and remounted it. Turns out it wasn't the problem. I remounted my 4 RAM sticks and the beeping stopped.

Now when it is just about to load onto my Desktop it reboots. This keeps on happening. Before it reboots for a 10th of second a screen with some writing flashes and then goes. It's too quick for me to read.

I have tried 'Safe Mode' and 'Last Known Good Configuration' but the reboot loop just keeps on happening.

All help is very much appreciated.

And on a side note, I have not put anything new into my computer, I am using Windows Reduced Media Edition.

Please help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have u tried restore point,
to do it boot in safe mode and when u log in it will give a prompt, click no and then select the date and time when PC was working properly (It will undo the software changes which might be a cause)
This feature is available on XP I don't know about ur OS features.
Give feed back also,

Most motherboards have onboard diagnostics. They are a series of LED's viewable on the rear of the tower and also a series of beeps. Each motherboard has it's own set of codes. Since you received a series of beeps, you should look up the codes for this using the instruction from the manufacturer of your motherboard. If they are not in your printed manual, go to the manufacture's web site and look it up.

The reason I mention this is that the beeps you heard have a specific meaning (symptom). If after you reseated the graphics card and the memory DIMMs, you didn't have beeps, then you introduced the problem anew after the reseating.

To me, it sounds like you may have done something to the memory sticks - perhaps some bent pins or the sticks not seated correctly. Loss of RAM on boot up will probably abort the attempt and it will recycle looking again for the memory.

Check the DIMMs closely to see if they are damaged or not seated properly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.