This problem started about a month ago. When I boot off a disk manager floppy or win2000 cd it/computer shuts off right after it starts to load the drivers. I have tried different settings in the bios, (i.e. default, etc.). I have to hit power button to turn back on. If I keep repeating, it eventually will load but there is no set time of tries. I have noticed that there seems to be a small window in which if it gets past a point in the driver load then it will continue to load. If I just boot up to my os - win 2000, then it does ok. It just does this on floppy or a boot cd. Very strange!! (and frustrating)
my system -
Albatron board # PX865PEC PRO
2 gig memory installed (2-1 gb dimms), 4 gig max
celeron 3.06 cpu 478
maxtor 40 gig hd - c drive
maxtor 250 gig d-drive
promise card - pci
sis agp video

If you need more info, let me know.
Thanks,
Gary

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi, can you check through the system information if your processor does match with the specs of your actual cpu, if it doesn't match check the jumper settings in your mobo, try also loading all the default data in BIOS..just TRY..

hi, can you check through the system information if your processor does match with the specs of your actual cpu, if it doesn't match check the jumper settings in your mobo, try also loading all the default data in BIOS..just TRY..

I have had this current board setup as is for about 2 years and this problem has just started. I have made no changes. I have also tried every bios setting as mentioned in original post but thanks anyway. Gary
NEXT......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.