hi i just updated my computer to windows xp and i have a problem with pci simple communications controller as it has a question mark on it and cant find a driver for it and i have no disk with it and i have been trying to find a site to download one. im new to computers and dont no much please help me. i need it to connect my moblie phone to my pc. thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hi i just updated my computer to windows xp and i have a problem with pci simple communications controller as it has a question mark on it and cant find a driver for it and i have no disk with it and i have been trying to find a site to download one. im new to computers and dont no much please help me. i need it to connect my moblie phone to my pc. thank you

Its a modem driver try windows update when updating the driver! Also try looking at the modem to see if it has a make and model number that will haelp in your search. If its built into your motherboard download your motherboard drivers.

i have a problem with pci simple communications controller as it has a question mark on it and cant find a driver for it and i have no disk with it and i have been trying to find a site to download one. im new to computers and dont know much please help me. This is very confusing. My speakers worked before and now they don't work, and they haven't been unplugged or anything. If anyone can help that'd be great.

Its a modem driver try windows update when updating the driver! Also try looking at the modem to see if it has a make and model number that will haelp in your search. If its built into your motherboard download your motherboard drivers.

not necessarily your modem, im having the same problem and i don't have a modem. It is something to do with how the pci cards talk to the mobo i think. haven't found a fix yet.

Hi, I have a solution. If you go in device manager, click on the pci simple communications controller, go in property and then go in details. You will see a code like per example PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS... The VEN code means vendor and the
DEV code means device: in my case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com. Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.

In my case the pci simple communications controller was a Microsoft UAA Bus HD audio. I also had another pci device that didn't work properly, using the same method I found out that my pci device was an HSF PCI internal modem with code number CX11252-11. I had a hard time downloading one of the drivers, after 6 or 7 times the download started so be patient if you have the same hardware.

NOTE: to access the device manager, go in control panel, then performance and maintenance, system, hardware and finally device manager.

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.