Hi Experts

I am using Dell Desktop PC.

I Removed my HardDisk and Formatted in some other PC and installed the OS succesfully. But when i am attaching this formatted hard disk to my Dell PC it is saying Hard Drive Not Found.

It is working fine in some other pc, But when i am trying the same into my Dell PC it is giving this error(Hard Disk Not Found).

Can any one plz help me in this how to resolve this issue.

<snipped. please keep it on site. check the rules>

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If you transfer a windows OS like that, it wont work.

Well, the OS is not likely to boot but it should generate an "ntoskrnl missing", maybe an "invalid boot drive slected", and probably make it to windows splash screen and fail to boot successfully.

I'm guessing you damaged the cable when you unhooked it or the drive in transport. Go to your bios and check to see if it shows there, if it doesn't replace the cable and see if that fixes the problem.

As far as getting it to boot with an OS installed on another system, be sure to boot up in safemode once first. This will load it with minimal drivers (loading invalid drivers is usually the reason you BSOD when moving a drive between computers) and then lets you install the drivers you need. This does NOT always work, but it's your best chance.

Actually i check with the cable...No prob with that...actually when I start the PC my hard-disk light is lightning in CPU...that means no prob with the cable...if i attach this Hard-Disk to any other computer means its working fine...only my Dell PC is not detecting...

Please Help.

Visweswar

The hard drive light doesn't actually mean it's reading it right, sometimes it just doesn't come on.

Lets be very clear here:

Does it show up in the list of drives in BIOS?

No it is not showing me in BIOS...

What may be the problem...If I attach this Hard Disk means it is detecting and booting fine...

Plz Help...

Regards,
Viswes

No it is not showing me in BIOS...

What may be the problem...If I attach this Hard Disk means it is detecting and booting fine...

Plz Help...

Regards,
Viswes

i know English is maybe not you mother tong ,but this makes little scene to me !

if its not showing in the bios, then its not being detected, and cant be booting fine!

Jumpers.

Is this the only drive on the cable? If you have a second hard drive, or a cd drive, on the same cable they could be conflicting with eachother. If this is the case be sure to set one to master and the other to slave (or both to "cable select".)

Hi,
Now you go into the CMOS setup and enable the harddisk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.