my hard drive was always patition before. Yesterday i tried to delete one of the partition after formatting it now am gettin a message saying there is not enough disk space i tried using my dell media direct cd to format it but i gettin error so i cant format nor install a new os and am 130gb less on disk space. PLS HELP!!!

hi if your hdd is seagate maybe you can try to use this one ..

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=DiscWizard&vgnextoid=d9fd4a3cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

it will wipe out entirely your Harddrive..if you're not using seagate then find out the manufacturer of you hard drive and go to their website, by right they should have a tool like seagate to wipe out entirely your hard drive..

or you can try to use the XP cd to boot and delete the whole partition during the setup process..this method is much safer..
good luck..

playing with the hard drive may end up.. buying a new one.. better be careful...heheheh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.