Hi Guys,

I am about to build a new PC from scratch, BUT want to use my SATA II Harddrive (which is 1.5TB)

Looking at the latest tech - SSD's seem to be the way to go, and my thinking is to buy one of those for the OS and the 1.5TB for all my storage of music etc.

What I dont know is.. can I use a solid state drive in conjunction with a SATA II type harddrive, and is it easy to do if so?

Would appreciate any comments you might have as to whether or not its possible!

Many thanks :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

yes, you better to setup the SSD as your OS drive, and leave any storage, data on the 1.5tb drive, to get the best performance.

SATA isn;t like IDE when you have two drives on the same cable so no issue, as you using seperate SATA Ports.

i think ssd and os not work make together. but try

the perfect combination for you is to install OS and main prgramms and feature on ssd and find if you can get ssd based on 6Gbps, also called at sata3. and keep sata 22 hdd as your backup drive and softwares that are not mostly used or light softwares.

i think ssd and os not work make together. but try

What in the world? Considering SSD's use SATA connectors just like HDDs, yes they will.

I'm currently running a 60GB SSD for the operating system (and FIFA 11!) and use my 1TB secondary drive to store my videos, pictures, and other files (as well as all my applications!)

What in the world? Considering SSD's use SATA connectors just like HDDs, yes they will.

I'm currently running a 60GB SSD for the operating system (and FIFA 11!) and use my 1TB secondary drive to store my videos, pictures, and other files (as well as all my applications!)

they only posted to spam the links in there signature ,just ignore there ramble

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.