I got an ubuntu cd time ago and it said it was a bootable CD so I tried it out. It ended up installing in my machine somehow and I tried to search for my pictures and other files with no result.

I took the hard drive out and put it in an external enclosure (it's an ide hard drive and couldn't make it a slave on my other comp. which runs windows xp) but when I turn the enclosure on, the hard drive is not recognized by my working computer. It does not even acknowledge the enclosure being connected to a USB port.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

problem with the ubuntu cd is it is bootable ,but also installable ,seem like you made the mistake of installing it ,and it wiped out your windows and all the file on it ,and changed the file system to linux ,and now it not recognizable ,in windows ,i think you need to hook back in the computer and look for linux software to recover files ,good luck

You could have installed alongside with it... try to look for your partition of the drive (C) maybe find your old system; you may have not installed grub when it asked...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.