i want to delete the deleted items from hdd permanently. CMD commands if any ?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hi, i use Ccleaner program Ccleaner download to clean deleted file and temp files from my computer .
or whn you are deleting file if you hold in the shift key and right click to deleted the files it will give option to remove from hdd and not send to trash bin .

I've always used WipeDrive. It's the highest certified erasure software and I've never had a problem with it. Your data will be completely erased.

OP,not looking to wipe drive ,just permanently delete ,deleted files ,i think

I use Eraser. http://eraser.heidi.ie/

It will run an a user-defined schedule and simply writes random garbage or all 0's to the unused space of the drive. I like this software cause you can set it and forget it.

softwar that hasn't had a update in over a year ,little scary ,none are that perfict ,just saying

I also suggest what CimmerianX suggested. Eraser Deletes the file and then rewrites it with random data pattern until it is unrecoverable, and it's free.

Deleted files normally are not really deleted. The block that they are saved in are just prepped and marked ready to be overwritten but the original data is still saved. By using a tool such as the one mentioned above, the block where the file was saved will be overwritten by random data ensuring that the original content will be deleted. Any attempt to recover it using recovery softwares will only get the random data that was written on it last.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.