my 500gb local disk C can't boot to the desktop, it only boot to starting windows and it can not move further again, i have a very important document i have to copy from it. i slave it to anothe computer to copy my stoff but it ask me to format it first. please can sombody help me to get access to my document? thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Recuva should be able to get your document, google will easily find it.

Boot using the windows cd/dvd, choose the option for recovery console.

In the command prompt type - chkdsk c: /r
and let it repair whatever errors it finds.

Then restart and boot from your hard drive. Hopefully, you will be able to boot to your desktop.

digisoftMate if i boot from the windows cd it does not get to rcovery console option for me to select and enter chkdisk c:/r command. the windows boot to starting windows, boot for some times and stop then i will hear some noise from the local disk. so my problem have not being slove yet, am only trying to get it up so that i can copy all my document.

easeus data recovery wizard can solve ur problem even u can get back all ur deleted files

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.