Dear Gurus
I was running on 80 GB Samsung (SATA 2) HDD on my PC P4(3GHZ) with Intel MOBO 915 GAV with XP sp2 1GB RAM on it till yesterday perfectly
I got a new 160 GB WD (SATA 2) HDD for Upgradation
when I installed the nu HDD to SATA port 2 along with old HDD & rebooted BIOS is showing HDD not recognized..
It is not even recognizing my previous 80GB HDD
I am unable to boot, so I ran XP set up cd which showed that it is unable to continue as no HDD was detected !!
Inspite of spending a whole day I am still unable to boot & none of the my HDD's are getting recognized.
I am running UBUNTU live cd from DVD rom (which is recognized) & typing this post .. very frustrated
What all I tried :
1. Changed the bios settings to detect a Sata drive
2. changed the power(zebronics 400w) & sata connectors in various permutations with HDD
3 tried reverting back to OLD config , removed the nu HDD completely
4. reset the bios to optimal defaults
5. BIOS is not detecting a HDD .. it is highlighting the sata port to which it is connected but shows that it is not recognized

My MOBO specs

Non-LAN SKU 10/100 LAN SKU
Boxed Product Codes BOXD915GAV BOXD915GAVL
10-Pack Product Codes BLKD915GAV
KD915GAVPAK10 BLKD915GAVL
KD915GAVLPAK10
BIOS ID String EV91510A.86A
AA # (Altered Assembly) C64138-xyz C64134-xyz
Form Factor and Size ATX 12.0 x 9.6 inches
Processor Support Intel® Pentium® 4 processors in the LGA775 package.
Note: It is important to verify supported processors before using this Intel® Desktop Board.
Processor Front Side Bus 800 and 533 MHz
Power Supply ATX12V 2.0 or SFX12V 3.0 compliant with 2x2 power connector
Chipset Intel® 915G chipset
Memory Type DDR - 400 and 333 MHz; dual channel support
Note: Be sure to review the Tested Memory list before using this Intel® Desktop Board.
Max Memory Up to 4 GB
Memory Slots Four slots
Integrated Graphics Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
Integrated Audio Intel® High Definition Audio
Integrated LAN None Intel® Pro 10/100
Expansion Slots Four PCI
Two PCI Express* x1
One PCI Express* x16
USB Ports Four ports on back panel
Four ports to front panel via onboard header
Peripheral Interfaces One diskette drive interface; One parallel port; One serial port; PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports
HDD Four Serial ATA; One IDE (ATA 100/66/33)
Other Features Heceta 6e; Intel® Precision Cooling Technology
Warranty 3-year limited warranty

Please HELP !!
thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi!
You must install sata drivers for your hdd, for that, you'll need a floppy disk and once the drivers downloaded, just install it before runing winxp installation (F6 on the bottom of the blue page). Hope it'll help you my friend!!!

you can also find some drivers here http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm965/sb/CS-025753.htm or use the nlite method.

thanks for the advice
I dont have a FDD
I never had one, it was never required when I was installing it for the first time.
what is nlite method?
is it unattended xp cd creation?
I have a usb flash drive will that be OK?
I am nubee plz explain
I will search the site soon
thnks

thanks for the advice
I dont have a FDD
I never had one, it was never required when I was installing it for the first time.
what is nlite method?
is it unattended xp cd creation?
I have a usb flash drive will that be OK?
I am nubee plz explain
I will search the site soon
thnks

nLite is a cool sw for slipstreaming a newer service pack in with your original xp cd. Fets it all installed in one step without need to install sp2 or 3 later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.