When I try to boot my laptop I am getting the following messages.

Primary Hard disk not found
optical drive not found
Press F1 to retry boot or F2 to run set up.

Please somebody help me to fix this problem.

Thanks
Jai

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Has anything happened to the laptop recently which might account for the problem. Give us some details on the problem history.

The first thing to do would be to go into your BIOS setup and see if the devices are identified there. BIOS setup is accessed by pressing a certain key when the system first boots (before Windows starts); the most common access keys are F1, F2, Del, and Esc.

I am now studying in Korea. Yesterday I bought T4020 on the internet. Unfortunately the operating system and all the software are in Korean.
I wanted to install the english version XP pro as off now. When I boot it form the CD and at the point when it says press enter to install windows. It goes to a screen where it says hard disk not found. Please tell me how to get over this problem. Also I need further suggestion for the below things.

I want english version of the operating system. Could any one please suggest me how to obain one. Is it possible to use the available legal key (korean version) to install the english version( could some one could provide me the OS). Will that be considered as legal and will I be able to upgrade with legal rights? Where to download all the software fujitsu provides with the tablet Pc as I guess those are in korean too. Please some one help me.
I tried installing the professional Windows Xp english but when I go to CD mode and select to install XP on the D drive. Its says hard disk not detected. While C drive has this tablet edition already installed by the company. Well the Drive is also primary partition and is of 40 GB and my C dirve is 20GB. Please could any body tell me how to go about installin the OS. I have done this many times on desktop but this is my first attempt to do it on the tablet PC.

Could any body send me a copy of software CD (not the key) or upload from where I can download. Kindly help.
thanks
pradeep_20002000@yahoo.com

I am now studying in Korea. Yesterday I bought T4020 on the internet. Unfortunately the operating system and all the software are in Korean.
I wanted to install the english version XP pro as off now. When I boot it form the CD and at the point when it says press enter to install windows. It goes to a screen where it says hard disk not found. Please tell me how to get over this problem. Also I need further suggestion for the below things.

I want english version of the operating system. Could any one please suggest me how to obain one. Is it possible to use the available legal key (korean version) to install the english version( could some one could provide me the OS). Will that be considered as legal and will I be able to upgrade with legal rights? Where to download all the software fujitsu provides with the tablet Pc as I guess those are in korean too. Please some one help me.
I tried installing the professional Windows Xp english but when I go to CD mode and select to install XP on the D drive. Its says hard disk not detected. While C drive has this tablet edition already installed by the company. Well the Drive is also primary partition and is of 40 GB and my C dirve is 20GB. Please could any body tell me how to go about installin the OS. I have done this many times on desktop but this is my first attempt to do it on the tablet PC.

Could any body send me a copy of software CD (not the key) or upload from where I can download. Kindly help.
thanks
pradeep_20002000@yahoo.com

Please start a separate thread for your query.

i need help on this please

i need help on the problem "primary hard drive not found. i cannot format the harddesk or i cannot access the hard disk when i see it in bios ( it is not coming on the boot sequence. please some body help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.