Hello. I got a Sony Vaio Laptop for Christmas and it's been working fine up until last night. I tried to turn it on and the power light went green (as usual) but the screen stayed blank and this continued to happen until finally it started, but seconds after it had started it rebooted again and then the screen went multicoloured and all pixelated and this continues to happen. I've tried turning it on with just the battery power and then with the battery and the power supply and then just the power supply, and it doesnt seem to be the power thats the problem. I really don't know what to do. :(

xxx
please help me.

If this were a much older system I'd say to the dump.
Given the young age of the system, you're MUCH better off using your warranty, this ISN'T something that you can fix, nor should you try.

yeah. im just looking for the receipt.

thankyou

xxx

Ye specially being a laptop, enjoy the warranty while it lasts

Hello. I got a Sony Vaio Laptop for Christmas and it's been working fine up until last night. I tried to turn it on and the power light went green (as usual) but the screen stayed blank and this continued to happen until finally it started, but seconds after it had started it rebooted again and then the screen went multicoloured and all pixelated and this continues to happen. I've tried turning it on with just the battery power and then with the battery and the power supply and then just the power supply, and it doesnt seem to be the power thats the problem. I really don't know what to do. :(

xxx
please help me.

you said it worked fine the night b4?, did you instal a program/application/game b4 you went to bed?, warranty is only good for hardware issues and im not sure this is the case in this instance,, can you boot to safe mode? if so its probably nor hardware related...do that and load system restore and back track to the morning of the day when it was fine, if it boots and all works all good, but if it doesnt then take it to service :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.