Member Avatar for ibush01

Hi all.

I've got my buddy's IBM R51 ThinkPad. Had some serious problems, so I backed up his data and reformatted the thing. Running XP SP2 on it...but having NO luck with getting ethernet/wireless internet installed. The 'Found New Hardware' box pops up saying it found an Ethernet controller. I've put the driver files from the Lenovo site on the laptop -- but it won't recognize them when I point the wizard to that location. Anything I might be missing here?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you might be installing the wrong drivers. did you get a driver cd with the IBM....before you down load from the wed site you must make sure it;s the correct driver for example is it blue tooth wireless or plain network wireless.

Member Avatar for ibush01

I don't have any of the original driver cds. I've plugged in the exact model on the Lenovo site, downloaded the appropriate drivers, and gone through the install process. But when it comes to setting up an 'always on' Internet connection, there's no love.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.