hie every body out there

i have a dell dimesion 2350 that wont boot after a clean installation of windows xp professional with sp2.it has been displaying an error message of (NO BOOT DEVICE DETECTED) but i did some check ups and found out that my hard drive its okay(if i put it on different pc).i was using a bootable copy of xp

this is the order of boot devices in my bios,CD ROM ,HARD DRIVE and the rest are disabled.

pliz help fast

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Are you using IDE or SATA hard drive?

I assume that windows found your hard drive when it restartes 2 - 3 times during instalation.
Start by changing your bios back to HD ist boot, CD 2nd
Bob
If at first you don't succeed...don’t try skydiving.

hey guys im using an IDE hard disk drive and every time i check the hard drive in cmos appears okay beause i can see the geometry of the hard drive

hey guys im using an IDE hard disk drive and every time i check the hard drive in cmos appears okay beause i can see the geometry of the hard drive

Have you changed the boot to HD 1st, if so, have you tried to start in safe mode? If it still wont work you might try starting the installing windows again and at the window where it finds your previous version do you want to repair, press "R" and see if that works.

Bob
This morning I took a lie detector test, no I didn't.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.