I am currently running Windows XP Home edition on my Dell computer. This morning, all of a sudden, my computer froze up and pulled up a screen I hadn't seen before. Something about emptying disk something or other. Then the computer rebooted past the Dell logo and I got a blank black screen saying "Error loading operating system". I've tried many possible solutions from other threads, but nothing is working for me!!

I don't know a lot about computers, but I know enough to follow most suggestions if you have any. I AM DESPERATE - this computer holds many family photos and videos that I CANNOT lose. I will try to provide any additional information you need.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Take it to your local PC repair shop?

Ask them to back-up your photos, videos and other important stuff first before they try and fix it.

I go with Stef1066. Take a backup of your data that you feel is important your hard disk needs to be formatted and the operating system reinstalled.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.