Hi,

i bought a dell inspiron 6000 and every time i shut the lid and re-open it the screen is all black but you can here the noise and everything. if u guys can suggest something ill be very gratefull.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you look at it in good light (or shine a flashlight on it) can you see the screen image, or is the monitor completely off (it might just be the back light that's not coming on)?

First check the power settings in control panel, see if there's something in there that is causing it.

If it's not in settings look at the button that tells the system the monitor is closed. It might be sticking.

Hello,

i tried checking the power settings but it didnt help. i was trieng to do the second one but i dont know which button that is.

also i closed the lid and re-opened it then i put a light against it but i couldnt see the background. then one time my laptop turned into a blue screen and i coulnt do any thing so i closed and opened it but the screen turned back on i dont know how that happened. its still messed up

i was wondering if u install a xp cd on a laptop does it ddelete the first one? and is is better if i reboot it and then use the xp cd

Thanks Alot

If you look at it in good light (or shine a flashlight on it) can you see the screen image, or is the monitor completely off (it might just be the back light that's not coming on)?

First check the power settings in control panel, see if there's something in there that is causing it.

If it's not in settings look at the button that tells the system the monitor is closed. It might be sticking.

Hello,

i tried checking the power settings but it didnt help. i was trieng to do the second one but i dont know which button that is.

also i closed the lid and re-opened it then i put a light against it but i couldnt see the background. then one time my laptop turned into a blue screen and i coulnt do any thing so i closed and opened it but the screen turned back on i dont know how that happened. its still messed up

i was wondering if u install a xp cd on a laptop does it ddelete the first one? and is is better if i reboot it and then use the xp cd

Thanks Alot

Hi,
Have you tried an external monitor? To me it sounds like an inverter, lid switch or lcd-cable problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.