My Toshiba Tecra 8200 laptop does not boot. When I plug in the power cord the power light (green) and the battery light (amber) light up. when I press the power on button the video or activity light (green) lights up but there is no other activity - no screen display - no hard disk light or sound or vibration of the disk drive running. Inserting a bootable cd in the cd drive before and/or after power up does nothing detectable. "Note" pressing the cd tray button does not open the tray - I have to open the tray with a paper clip. It seems that the only things that function are the power on button and the activity lights mentioned brfore.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from a new member,
gjheath

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sounds like your mother board may have died on you. The CMOS battery has probably failed and if your system was working OK before this happen than your CMOS battery might need to be replaced first before totally prononcing your motherboard as dead.

Hi, i am edward 'new member' and have exactly the same lack of booting on tecra 8200. QUESTION IS 'YOU HAVE GUEST '
HAVE YOU REPAIRED YOURS AND IF YES HOW PLEASE?
seasons greating with thanks for any time given. edward.

My Toshiba Tecra 8200 laptop does not boot. When I plug in the power cord the power light (green) and the battery light (amber) light up. when I press the power on button the video or activity light (green) lights up but there is no other activity - no screen display - no hard disk light or sound or vibration of the disk drive running. Inserting a bootable cd in the cd drive before and/or after power up does nothing detectable. "Note" pressing the cd tray button does not open the tray - I have to open the tray with a paper clip. It seems that the only things that function are the power on button and the activity lights mentioned brfore.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from a new member,
gjheath

ok im having some issues with this aswell, when i change the boot sequence in the cmos and then select [c] as the boot device on the multi-boot screen, i get an error, something to do with check cable and then it starts booting up into windows, however it gets as far as saying its preparing my desktop, then after an hour or 2 says windows is low on virtual memory then nothing, i left it like that for a further 6 hours and when i came back it still said the same.

What am i doing wrong??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.