I need some technical help... I have attempted to build a pc and finally got the last parts ready for it's first boot up. I have salvaged the HD from my old PC, and connected it to my new motherboard, CPU, ram, PSU etc.

All went well, (PSU, CPU fan, Graphics card, HDD, CD, all spun up) but no lights on keyboard, monitor displayed " No sync Input" and there was no beeps from internal speaker.
If someone could have a look at these specs and see if I am attempting to run hardware that isn't compatable. The MB is P4, but I am running a Celeron 2.6.

MB= Elitegroup 648FX -A (upto 800mhz fsb HTT)
CPU= Intel Celeron 2.6mhz (400mhz fsb) socket 478
Graphics= Nvidia GeForce 2 64mb
350watt PSU
14gb HD running Windows XP Pro (that I pinched from my old machine)
I tried 3200 and 400 DDR ram, (I think I should be using 2700 DDR ram)

Could it be the ram that was the problem, I had the Graphics Card tested it was OK. or have I got a stuffed MB?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

your motherboard

if that is your mobo you can support PC2100, PC2700, PC3200. so that probably isnt the problem. make sure all parts are plugged in properly. if ur monitor not picking up signal could be your video card??

...The MB is P4, but I am running a Celeron 2.6.

It could be this, maybe the mobo only supports P4 processors.

It could be this, maybe the mobo only supports P4 processors.

hey ur rite :cheesy: it does only support P4 processors.

Thanks for all replies, yep looks like I'm looking for a new Motherboard!
Damn I was told that a celeron would work instead of Pentium guess you can't always rely on what people tell you, until you try it out for yourself!!

yeh. when you find one u like its a good idea to check its specs and see if it supports all ur other parts. quick search on the net will tell ya if it does or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.