I have an emachine T2984 that is about 4 years old. I have never had any problems with it until now. It will not power up. I have read some of the problems with these machines and it being the Power supply and MB but everyone seems to say that they see a green light on the MB. In my case there is nothing. No sound, no lights, nothing at all. I don't know a lot about the inside of a computer but my first thing was to replace the power supply and in searching for the one to fit it I ran across your website and started reading the problems with these machines. So my question is what does it mean if there is no green light or anything. Could it be just the power supply or is the whole thing shot.
Help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

it could be just a dead power supply ,but it could also be a good power supply with a dead motherboard ,so you need to have the power supply checked first !then the motherboard

Check if fan on power supply is working, some work when turn on. No lights coming on indicates possible power supply or motherboard failure.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.