My Hp Lapton wont turn on at all. i took out the battery had it plug right to the AC and nothing, just can see a little light blinking next to the AC jack. that is all.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

irst thing i would try is removing the ram ,and then put it back in to make sure its getting a good connection ,if one than 1 ram chip ,remove one and try it ,same results ,remove and try the other one

I tried that but no good results. thanks for reply.

I tried that but no good results. thanks for reply.

if you leave out the ram and try it you should get a beep sound because the ram is out ,if you don't get that then it maybe serious problem like bad motherboard .what is the model of your HP
I have 3 laptops here various ages ,and none have a light next to the power jack

It's possible that your power jack is loose so it isn't making good contact with the motherboard and you aren't getting any juice. The jack in the machine could also be faulty. If it starts up and then almost immediately shuts down or if it won't start booting at all, this might be your problem. If you can hold the power cord (male) jack and move it around so it doesn't seem like a solid / tight fit, then that would be a sign.

This is apparently fairly common on at least some HP's. I have a dv9201 and I have that problem. Right now the power cord is taped into position with duct tape and that is keeping it running until I rip it apart to fix or replace the jack.

the model is HP G60 i tried taking out the ram and i did not hear nothing, i tried move the power cable in the jack no lucky, i guess is the motherboard then what do you guys think?

the model is HP G60 i tried taking out the ram and i did not hear nothing, i tried move the power cable in the jack no lucky, i guess is the motherboard then what do you guys think?

hard to say from a distance ,really should be looked at hands on by someone with experience in laptops if you want a definitive answer

My Hp Lapton wont turn on at all. i took out the battery had it plug right to the AC and nothing, just can see a little light blinking next to the AC jack. that is all.

If the problem is related to the Laptop power jack, here's a clue in how to replace it:

Check first the service guide for your model:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01602064.pdf

The dissasembly procedure will lead you to know hot to take out the mainboard.

After that you will need to desolder the power jack and replace it for a new one.

You can find the correct part here:

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?impactcomputersmiami+rwB4XL+496835-001.html+

i have the same model a hp g60, i just blinked off the other day and now it wont turn on. ive done the hard reboot several times, nothing happens except it might turn on for a minute of a two. then it just blinks off. does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

i have the same model, more specificaly the G60-507DX. it was fine this morning and not out of the blue wont turn on. the only thing is the light connecting the charger to the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.