how to restore my hp dv1000 to factory settings, no cd here, and i tried restoring to a previous date, please help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There is usually a system recovery partition, accessible using a keyboard shortcut (f11 on boot usually). Consult the user manual for your computer.

i forgot to mention i have xp home and f11 didn't help, please some other solution, i appreciate ur help jbennet

I recently accessed my recovery partition using a win98 boot cd, [lucky for me i have one ,not everyone does] if you have a floppy drive in the laptop you could get win98 boot disk from www.bootdisk.com, what i did a long time back was used the boot floppy file and nero to created a bootcd .i had to unpack the win98 bootdisk file to a floppy first ,then copied them to a folder and then used nero to create a bottable disk.
98 should see the partition because they are usually in fat32 format .

98 should see the partition because they are usually in fat32 format .

If not, there is NTFS4DOS that can be added to that win98 CD.

I made one such CD myself :)
Ironically, one has to make bootable floppy with CD support and use that floppy as boot image for CD, otherwise, the system would boot from CD while not being able to access it.

If not, there is NTFS4DOS that can be added to that win98 CD.

I made one such CD myself :)
Ironically, one has to make bootable floppy with CD support and use that floppy as boot image for CD, otherwise, the system would boot from CD while not being able to access it.

not sure the details of how way back when i made it ,but i know it still boots for me .but of course i haven't loaded win98 in a few yrs

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.