I did the ms config and I have a problem. it won't boot in safe mode and keeps kicking out to that screen..over and over!! There is some virus that won't let it boot in safe mode, so I tried to force it per the msconfig, but now it won't boot at all, just continuously loops back to the same screen just like I read a different poster had. I ran malaware and Avast, and nothing was found. However, when I had run Avast and scheduled a boot scan, I got an error.

NT wait for multiple objects error 192 status_user_acp

win32:sinowal-GP[trj]

I did the msconfig and forced a safe mode and now I am stuck! I don't have any of the disks for this Dell computer, lost them in a move.

Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,
Try booting your machine pressing CTRL and F11..

Hi,
Try booting your machine pressing CTRL and F11..

Thank you, I tried this multiple times through the attempted boot process, but nothing happened.

I was having the same problem. It all started after I installed a Windows Update. When I tried to go on line, I found out my network adapter was missing. I did System Restore, tried to reboot and got stuck in the loop. I have XP Home Ed. I borrowed an XP Pro CD from a friend to boot from. I was able to get to the Recovery Console but it did not recognize my admin. password. I tried all of the configs and repairs but no help. I used my friend's laptop to search for help. I tried this fix at http://www.myfixes.com/articles/system
I was able to get in but on a very basic level. I could not reload Windows since I do not have XP Home Ed. I can't fix anything because it doesn't recognize me as admin. I have called Microsoft and even though Microsoft is aware of the problem and supposedly have a Hotfix (Q308402), they still haven't found a way to get me back on. I think they are planning to send me an XP CD since my PC came pre-installed. I will keep you updated.
Snookempookems

I was having the same problem. It all started after I installed a Windows Update. When I tried to go on line, I found out my network adapter was missing. I did System Restore, tried to reboot and got stuck in the loop. I have XP Home Ed. I borrowed an XP Pro CD from a friend to boot from. I was able to get to the Recovery Console but it did not recognize my admin. password. I tried all of the configs and repairs but no help. I used my friend's laptop to search for help. I tried this fix at http://www.myfixes.com/articles/system
I was able to get in but on a very basic level. I could not reload Windows since I do not have XP Home Ed. I can't fix anything because it doesn't recognize me as admin. I have called Microsoft and even though Microsoft is aware of the problem and supposedly have a Hotfix (Q308402), they still haven't found a way to get me back on. I think they are planning to send me an XP CD since my PC came pre-installed. I will keep you updated.
Snookempookems

Microsoft archived my problem as unresolved. When I talked to their tech rep. again, she acted like she had never mentioned sending me a CD. I wish I had recorded our conversation.
I printed out steps to get into System Volume Information using CACLS, which is a command-line tool, to display or modify file or folder access control lists (ACL's) since it doesn't recognize me as the admin. I haven't tried it yet, so I will let you know. Once it lets me in, then I could use System Restore to get my Windows back - I hope.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.