I had this problem before, press the button and nothing happens, then my brother was messing with the switch and all of a sudden it started. Worked fine for 6 months and yesterday it stopped, all of a sudden.

I opened it, played with the switch, moved it around but this time I can't get it to start.

Can someone tell me if it's the mother board or the switch?
If it's the switch, where can I get a new one?

Thanks

1. Do you have a light on the mother board?
2. To test the switch a continuity test is best, but if you want a cheap and dirty test you can do the following:
Look in your user manual and find the 2 pins on the board that are for the power switch. If the book does not tell you, you can trace the wires from the switch back to the mother board. With the power supply plugged in momentarily short the pins "like the switch would do". If the system comes on, then it is the switch.

Again a continuity tester or power supply tester is best and only do the way I stated if you feel comfortable doing so as you can damage your system.

I had this problem before, press the button and nothing happens, then my brother was messing with the switch and all of a sudden it started. Worked fine for 6 months and yesterday it stopped, all of a sudden.

I opened it, played with the switch, moved it around but this time I can't get it to start.

Can someone tell me if it's the mother board or the switch?
If it's the switch, where can I get a new one?

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.