I am at a loss. I have a self build system that starts for 2 sec and shutsdown. 3 years old
Here is what i have done, started testing by removing parts and thought it was the harddrive (system ran for a bit without dive -- i shut it down to stop the boot process) . Then i booted to cmos to look for errors after about 15 sec the system shutdown again and would start and run shorter and shorter times until the system would be ON just long enough to turn the fans and stop. tried to remove the cd rom, the cpu fan the front panel usb, even the start switch and used the onboard swith. this did not change things. I also removed the video card and try to boot without the card. same thing. Borrowed a power supply and tested (did no remove from other unit just ported the power cables over) same results. Thinking it might be an onboard thermal sensor i replaced the mother board. Guess what --- same thing. I have now ordered a new power supply. The only parts that i have not replaced on the board are mem and cpu.
The system had a nivida 608i the new board is nividia 708i
help please before i buy a whole new system in parts.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think you have a problem with your memory. Try a branded memory and everything will be alright I hope. I had the same problem before with a ga-965p-dq6 motherboard and when I replaced the ram, my system returned to work fine.

may be you are suffering from overheating problem. so please put some heat sink paste in CPU and try again. if again it shutdown automatically then it must be motherboard or power supply...... hope this is good suggestion for you..............

ordered a new power supply have a ultra with a lifetime warranty. call and the rma process was painless. got someone in the states that spoke eng and looked up my order from tiger. gave me the rma and prepaid shipping. A+ company and process.
will update when the new pw arrives and installed.

ordered a new power supply have a ultra with a lifetime warranty. call and the rma process was painless. got someone in the states that spoke eng and looked up my order from tiger. gave me the rma and prepaid shipping. A+ company and process.
will update when the new pw arrives and installed.

It was the power supply and change fixed everything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.