I have asus's new sli board and an enermax 600w sli power suply. 1 stick of 512 ddr and a nvida 7800 gtx video card and amd's 64 3000. Ihave checked all the connections more times than i can count, they all seam to be in place. The problem i am having is the system wont boot up for the first time. the green power light on the board is flashing green and when i push the power button nothing happens, no fans turn on, no sounds of any kind. I have asked asus to help but they are taking there sweet time getting back to me. Please help, i have spent alot of money for this paper weight.

Thank you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Check the sticky at top of page.

Are you sure you've tested it 'barebones'? No USB headers etc etc attached? Checked front panel leads for reversed position? No internal cards or drives attached? (Even the power lead connected to a drive can cause a problem - disconnecting the data cable isn't enough. Reset CMOS?

The 7800GTX is a very recently released card. Perhaps the motherboard has 'issues' with it and might need a BIOS update before it will work with that card?

I am having a similar problem: I have the asus a8n-sli motherboard and all of the sudden, my computer crashes, so i proceed to restart it and there is just a black screen, NOTHING happens. What do I do? I have already tried all of this:

Check the sticky at top of page.

Are you sure you've tested it 'barebones'? No USB headers etc etc attached? Checked front panel leads for reversed position? No internal cards or drives attached? (Even the power lead connected to a drive can cause a problem - disconnecting the data cable isn't enough. Reset CMOS?

should I just send it in for repair?

HELP PLZ!!!

here are my sys specs:
ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 4000+
2gb DDR400 RAM
Nvidia 6800 256mb PCI-Express
Memorex DL DVD Burner
600w Power Supply

If you have both worked through the step by step instructions in this pinned topic:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread27079.html

and still cannot get a 'bare bones' configutation to POST then yes, perhaps it is time to get a technically qualified person to look at it for you.

could it be a graphics card problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.