hello everyone, my computer just suddenly became unstable after some random event, i guess it was after a windows update, fist i had some audio issues whit some games and just a few days ago i was playing dawn of war and my comp froze from nowhere, after that did the same while playing COD modern warfare 2, ive started looking around for any tip, but i think it is a bug whit my audio drivers, already reinstalled, but the problem its still there. already dusted my computer, and so updated all drivers and direct x, also suddenly windows became unstable, and evga overclock program will keep saying "these settings might make your system unstable" even at the standard settings.

my comp specs are:
windows xp professional service pack 3
amd athlon 64 3500+ 2.9 ghz
1gb ram (sdram 3200) 256x4
evga geforce 9800gt
realtek ac97
atx 400wts PS
ASUS A8AE-LE

i know my video card its actually a hungry monster, but i didn't had any problem for 5 or 6 months

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

hi go to start ,run ,type in cmd , then type in , eventvwr , and look for error messages in system

well found some errors,
source: nv
id: 14
category: non
Unknown error on L0 -> L0

also:
source: dcom
category: non
event id:10005
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

this dcom error repeats around 4 times in the last 3 days

well the problem only happens when playing 3d games, dunno why, but on 2d games i get some audio issues, also ive just checked my comp temperature, my cpu its 28c and my gpu 60c but i saw at evga forums that this is the standard gpu temp

try hardware monitor program ,its free and trustworthy, i use it all the time .it will show temps of all hardware ,lows and highs ,so check it before you play the 3d game ,write down the max temp on gpu and cpu ,and hard drive ,then play a 3d game ,and after it freezes run HWM again and see if any of the max temps gottin higher
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

V

well the problem its that it totally freezes, so i have to do a hard shoot down, anyway kinda found out the problem, and yea its heat, but i didnt had that prob before, now if my video card temp goes higher than 60c the system becomes unstable, so i just have to max the fan speed, still i didnt had this problem before, the video card always had 65c temp and the system was stable

well the problem its that it totally freezes, so i have to do a hard shoot down,

that doesn't matter ,run HWM again ,it will show the max temp that all device have ever got to

and video card to break down over time ,and even all of a sudden

ok i didnt post before because the problem disapeared... but its summer now and i cant play anything whiout my gpu overheating.. the idle temp its around 78 C i have to manually set the fan to 100% speed and so direct a standard home fan directly to the open case of the computer... that way itll reach 53 luckily but if it reaches 55 while playing 2d games video freezes (not audio) if it reaches 63 with 3d games as COD modern warfare 2 itll freeze too.. i want to know if i should rather buy a new heatset for my gpu to hold the ambiental 32C (nope i dont have conditioned air)

o yea and i upgraded ram to 2x sticks 1gb 3200 sdram gskill

actually with the money i could use in the cooling system i could even think of buying a new video card (if anyone thinks its a better option) also im moving soon to a city where 52C at summer days are normal.. so i need advice

i would say get new video card

would a video card with a manu fan hold the 52C as ambiental temp?

no idea ,sorry

i went to a friend house to try my video card and had the same problem.. since my motherboard also have some issues... anyway i cant contact evga support because im not the original owner... i guess ill have to buy a new one afther all... thanks for all the support

but i was thinking both pci E ports i used where only 1.0 could that do anything with the max temp that my videocard can hold?

but i was thinking both pci E ports i used where only 1.0 could that do anything with the max temp that my videocard can hold?

hi,to be honest im not sure ,.

hm ill try to find someone with a pci expres 2.0 and leave the text result here so u can help people in future... if it has something to do of course

I have a problem in PC. I think that It is a common problem with the drivers for the video card. The programs you use may contain commands that your video card is not Supported. Same problem When I am playing game. I like your post.

actually im also thinking that .. for example when i try using canyourunit.com even if my video card passes all the requirements to run it. it will say that my video card cant run it... im still wondering why

guys i gotta say this horai! (dunno if thats how its writen) anyway it aint my video card actually its my procesor (yea i know) everytime it reaches 55C everything will froze i realized this with a not that simple method... i changed a case fan into my video card placed it blowing directly below my grafic card (actually up btw myvideo card and my procesor) and played COD at good settings anyway i was playing smoothly and then froze i checked my evga precision and it said that my video card was actually at 56C (i mean im constantly checking it while playing, and it reached 58C bf froze) opened speed fan and my proce cpu was at 55C i also realized this while playing other games.. think i mention it b4... i was playing RO with speed fan opened and wenever my core reached 55C it all would froze and heat up my video card (dunno why) anyway anyone have any suggestion?

nvm guys my video card its ... dead it was only slowly dieing thats why the max supported temps changed... anyway ill close tread thanks for all the support

nvm.. video card isnt dead... something else must be wrong i mean if it actually were dead.. i wont be abble to use it as i am right now.. took off the heat sink.. then put it on again (cleaning a few dust) and the temp went down 5 degrees i just dont get it(and by a few dust i mean almost nothing)

nvm guys my video card its ... dead it was only slowly dieing thats why the max supported temps changed... anyway ill close tread thanks for all the support

just as i figured , good luck with new one .

its not core neigther video card... ive been playing lately without problem at 68C video and 43C cpu... i think its the mobo.. ive heard HP uses cheap ones

got a blue screen just today and got to see the diagnostic... something about nv4_disp not working propertly any advices ideas or solutions?

nv4_disp is nvidea driver related ,i would have to reread all the above post to know what you tried so far[] ,so try uninstall nvidea drivers and getting the latest driver and install them

i already did that.. thought a new drivers came out just today.. the problem its the infinite loop thingie.. watched around internet a bit a found something that suposedly fix it.. unfortunely.. i havent been abble to try it yet

time to reinstall windows and all necessary device drives ,i would backup all my important data and i would get lates drivers for all my devices and format and reinstall if it were mine

several time my system was freezes when playing game & run video player

so I need your suggestion

my system config is :- 750i xfx sli mother board,2.33quadcore processor, 4/800 ddr2 ram,
9500 gta pci express2 card, attrix 450w smps,500gb hdd

I`ve still now phasing the same problem after reloaded the driver & replacing after graphics
card.

several time my system was freezes when playing game & run video player

so I need your suggestion

my system config is :- 750i xfx sli mother board,2.33quadcore processor, 4/800 ddr2 ram,
9500 gta pci express2 card, attrix 450w smps,500gb hdd

I`ve still now phasing the same problem after reloaded the driver & replacing after graphics
card.

hi, the rules here are that you start your own thread and not hijack another persons ,so please start you own thread ,explaining you problem ,thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.