Hi,
I have a sstrange issue with my Inspiron 6000. When I try to power on the laptop, all the display lights flash for a second, the bluetooth symbol (next to the capslock and wifi symbol)lights up and stays on. The screen remains black all through this while I can hear / feel the hard disk spinning. Any pointers on what could be wrong would be highly appreciated.( I had shut down normally last evening and the trouble occured this morning)

Thanks..Dan.

can try to plug-in an external monitor if you have one, looks like the lcd of your laptop is not working..or
can you press Fn + the square key on your laptop to toggle the display back and forth from external monitor to your laptop lcd..maybe you just accidentally toggle the display to external monitor.
or let your laptop boot normally, and press the Caps lock key. check if the caps lock will response or not. if it response then system is fine and only display problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.