I have a 2 year old Gateway desktop. Usually the power light blinks. For the past 2 mornings, the PC will not power on unless I do a cold start a couple of times. Also, now the power light no longer blinks.

Can anyone tell me what is probably wrong? I feel air coming from the 2 fans in the back.

AFter it starts working, it seems fine. But I am afraid that one of these mornings, it will not power on, no matter what I do.

I don't trust the local computer repair shop because the last time that I brought my PC to them with a written request not to delete or reconfigure anything without calling me first, they reformatted my whole C drive.

led might not be working or their could be a lose wire in the laptop itself that came off some pins. Did this problem occur immidietly after sending your PC in for repairs the first time?

Edit:
Also, what do you consider a cold start? If the pc is hibernating, and you hit the power button, that's not a cold start. In order to cold start a PC, you would have to hold the power button in until it powered down, then hold the button in until it powered back on.

A reboot from a sleeping laptop is quicker than a laptop that is cold started, so that is a good way to tell which just happened.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.