Hi! I've just assembled a computer, and it's not starting up properly. I followed the advice from the sticky thread about troubleshooting from 'bare bones.'

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
GIGABYTE GA-880GM-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CD Writer Black SATA Model PX-880SA-26
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR SE 250GB WD2500AAJS HDD

Even with only the PSU (24-pin and 12V 8-pin), fans, CPU, RAM, and front panel connectors connected to the motherboard, I get no monitor signal. The lights on the keyboard do not light up, which I think means the motherboard is still not getting power, or is dead. I presume it's not POSTing, as I hear no beeps. All computers still beep, right? It's been a while since I did this.

The fans are spinning, power LED is on, and when connected to the PSU, the DVD and HD drives are powered properly.

I've checked and rechecked cable connections, reseated the CPU, and tried using both sticks of RAM and each alone. What else can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Correction to the above, as I can't edit it after 30 minutes:

The lights on the keyboard do light up when I flip the PSU from O to I, but they do not light up once I power the computer on, which makes me wonder if the motherboard is still not getting power, or is dead.

Could it be a problem of the small wires from the front panel not being all connected correctly? They're powering something on, at least - PSU, fans, drives, case LEDs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.