I recently brought my Desktop from Singapore to Australia.. now it can turn on fine, fans spinning LED lights on and such, but when i connect to a monitor, it doesnt show up on the monitor. I have tried removing all the RAMS and troubleshooting it, but that doesnt work. Also took out and replugged in my Graphics card. It was brought over in a samsonite case with adequate padding and all that.. but maybe it could have been damaged. Also, the NB LED light does NOT light up when it turns on, only the SB LED light.

Other things to note, I am not able to shut it down by holding down the ON button, I have to remove the power. My mouse lights up indicating that there is power going into it.

Ps: Sorry about the title I only realised that it wasnt related AFTER I posted... sorry

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Btw, my motherboard is an MSI 890FXA-GD70

The first thing you need to do is check your power supply unit (PSU for short). Unplug the main motherboard connector and short the green wire to any black one with a bit of wire or a paperclip. Do you have a digital volt meter and know how to use it? If so I can give you instructions on how to test all the different voltages.

The first thing you need to do is check your power supply unit (PSU for short). Unplug the main motherboard connector and short the green wire to any black one with a bit of wire or a paperclip. Do you have a digital volt meter and know how to use it? If so I can give you instructions on how to test all the different voltages.

What do you mean by the main mobo connector? Do you mean the one from the PSU to the mobo? And no I do not have a voltage meter and I do not know how to use it.

Do you know someone that has got a meter perhaps? It's the one from PSU to mobo. It's the only connector that has a green wire in it!

I want to need a articles about how Computer Not powering up?

I have another problem. I have problem with my sound. I can't hear anything coming out of my speakers when i plug them in back of my pc. If I plug head phones into my pc into my usb port in front of my pc i do get a sound. So if i want to hear a video or music i need to wear head phones. I checked my speakers, and the power cord they are fine.

So, it's up and running now? What windows version have you got and have you checked to see if the sound card driver is installed and working in device manager?

Yes, my computer runs great, I have windows 7. matter a fact ever since i installed windows 7 that's when my speakers had no sound. i deed checked the sound card driver and it says it's running properly.

That's not uncommon with windows 7 and older computers. What you need to do is go to your computer makers website and download the audio driver that they supply. If they don't have a windows 7 driver then a vista driver should work ok. Make sure you get 32bit or 64bit depending on your windows 7 version. I fix computers for a living and that's exactly what I do when sound doesn't work on 7.

thank you i will look into that and get back to u later today if not tomorrow.

Cool. What did you do to get your system working?

im the person with the sound problem. i can hear videos or music with earphones by contecting to an ubs connector but can't hear out of my speakers. turns out that i installed windows 7 and hp is saying that my system doesn't except or recognize the new version of windows 7. the drivers or not funtional and i guess if i down grade or reinstall windows vista what it had before, it will be compatible. now does that make any since. new at this stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.