well i figure my motherboard is messed up anyways, and pulling the amd thing from the other board wont workc ause it doesnt fit, so heres waht i did

i pulled the motherboard + processor from an older computer (amd k something something) and put it in the newer shell.
i plugged in the graphic card (rage 128 something)
the ethernet thingy (100+....)
and some generic sound card (im guessing)

currently i have

a floppy drive attached, but i dont know if it detects it

2 cd rom drives (neither can be detected) im sure the cable thingy is plugged into the secondary ide thing, and there doesnt seem to be power in the drives either

one hard drive (from the amd computer) which i am currently using right now
This hard drive is set to primary slave, yet it somehow boots upw ith some "intel boot up thing" that i can find the name of later

when i plug in my other hard drives (the original 2 from this shell) it doesnt detect one of them (the former slave) and the master is detected as a slave, and nothing boots up

im wondering whats wrong... can someone help me?

well i figure my motherboard is messed up anyways, and pulling the amd thing from the other board wont workc ause it doesnt fit, so heres waht i did

i pulled the motherboard + processor from an older computer (amd k something something) and put it in the newer shell.
i plugged in the graphic card (rage 128 something)
the ethernet thingy (100+....)
and some generic sound card (im guessing)

currently i have

a floppy drive attached, but i dont know if it detects it

2 cd rom drives (neither can be detected) im sure the cable thingy is plugged into the secondary ide thing, and there doesnt seem to be power in the drives either

one hard drive (from the amd computer) which i am currently using right now
This hard drive is set to primary slave, yet it somehow boots upw ith some "intel boot up thing" that i can find the name of later

when i plug in my other hard drives (the original 2 from this shell) it doesnt detect one of them (the former slave) and the master is detected as a slave, and nothing boots up

im wondering whats wrong... can someone help me?

Sometimes in aggrevation the ide cables can be ruined. Also, sometimes motherboards will lose function in one or the other, primary or secondary. It takes patience as all computers may be different just like cats are. good luck.

also: check your bios settings and be sure that primary and secondary masters and slaves are set to auto.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.