Hiya Everyone,

My PC is currently running WIN XP and it keeps restarting. I have tried changing the OS setting so it does'nt automatically restart and so it starts under safe mode, but this has had no effect. I have also tried changing the boot sequence so that it starts from the CD drive and it does not recognise the fact I have a WIN XP disk in.
I have also created a Windows startup disk but when I have checked, I cannot switch to the C or D Drives.

Can anyone help??

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hiya Everyone,

My PC is currently running WIN XP and it keeps restarting. I have tried changing the OS setting so it does'nt automatically restart and so it starts under safe mode, but this has had no effect. I have also tried changing the boot sequence so that it starts from the CD drive and it does not recognise the fact I have a WIN XP disk in.
I have also created a Windows startup disk but when I have checked, I cannot switch to the C or D Drives.

Can anyone help??

Have u installed any software or hardware(drivers) b4 this problem, if so try uninstalling it in safe mode as u said u were able to boot into safe mode

U said u have created a startup disk is it Win98 startup disk. U cannot access any Drives if they are in NTFS format with a Win98 Disk

This morning my PC worked OK I have now switch this on and cannot boot up also I cannot open any of my disk drives when the power is on The monitor is OK but There does not appear to be a signal

Please help

This morning my PC worked OK I have now switch this on and cannot boot up also I cannot open any of my disk drives when the power is on The monitor is OK but There does not appear to be a signal

Please help

Please open another thread u cannot post ur thread in others thread.

Plz check the RAM remove it and place it again, if this doesn't work remove the Processor and place it again, but be careful

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.