Hello everybody, I really really need help with my laptop....:(

O.k this is what happened....
My laptop is about 3 months old (so pretty much new), I have Windows Xp on it and I was installing The Sims 2 yesterday. It worked well and today I wanted to try and play again so when I double clicked on the icon everything froze. I waited for a while to see if it was going to go back to normal but it didn't, then I pressed the on/off botton and nothing happened, I also try ctr+alt+del and nothing at all....Finally I closed the laptop and opened again and now the screen is black but I can see the green light on (so the laptop is still on).
I have been waiting for about an hour and nothing happends, the green ligth is still there and is just a black screen. Could someone please help me? I would really appreciate it...this is my first laptop and I am scared I already broke it! :( Help please!!!!

My laptop is about 3 months old (so pretty much new), I have Windows Xp on it and I was installing The Sims 2 yesterday. It worked well and today I wanted to try and play again so when I double clicked on the icon everything froze. I waited for a while to see if it was going to go back to normal but it didn't, then I pressed the on/off botton and nothing happened, I also try ctr+alt+del and nothing at all....Finally I closed the laptop and opened again and now the screen is black but I can see the green light on (so the laptop is still on).
I have been waiting for about an hour and nothing happends, the green ligth is still there and is just a black screen. Could someone please help me? I would really appreciate it...this is my first laptop and I am scared I already broke it! :( Help please!!!!

Did You try holding down the power down till the green light shut off. Then push the power button again to start it back up. ;)

On your laptop there is a Fn key that controls all the keys marked with the same color marking. Did you possibly turn you laptop screen off? Try holding the Fn key down while you touch the key that has CRT/LCD (my F8)marked on it. This key has three steps to it...one hit-only laptop screen is lit...second hit-laptop screen & powerpoint projector or CRT (port connection on back of laptop)...third hit-only the projector or CRT is active. If you have turn you screen off and put your laptop in the external video mode this should turn it back-on. You can toggle through this setting as many times as you want, nothing will be harmed. Hope your problem is as simple as that! Good Luck.

Did You try holding down the power down till the green light shut off. Then push the power button again to start it back up. ;)

Yey it works now....I was not holding the power down for long enough!!! (it has to be done for about 8 sec) thank you guys!! you rock!!! :)
yey!! :) :)

:idea:Hay what you need to is to restart by hand. it's easy, just hold the power button down for about 10 seconds and it will shut down you will see the power light go off then let go. what about 13 seconds then turn it back on, just like that.:!:

haha i had this same problem. i'd never think it was so easy to fix.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.