I get this error after my computer freezes and gives me a blue screen, while the audio goes crazy:
Hardware failure: replace failed component

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

The error was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error which forced the operating system to stop functioning.

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, unfortunately the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. More than likely the problem is being caused by problems with one or more of the following computer components:

* Random Access Memory (RAM)
* System board
* Central Processing Unit (CPU)
* Power supply

To add to this I dug up the Event Viewer Account of one of these errors:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 3/7/2006
Time: 3:32:09 PM
User: N/A
Computer: computer
Description:
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 80545ff0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

Here are my specifications of hardware:

Graphics Card: ATI X850XT produced by Sapphire

Mobo: NVIDIA nForce 4 Ultra/Standard Chipset Based (K8N Neo4) Designed for AMD Athlon 64/FX Processors

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ Venice Core

Power Supply: OCZ ModStream Power Supply

The PSU I have should be enough? 1 12v rail should power what I have going in my PC. I'm skeptical to think that my RAM or CPU are at fault as this PC is relatively new (about 6 months). I suppose it could be overheating, but this only happens on THAW and not America's Army. Does anyone have ideas on troubleshooting the hardware to diagnose the piece of hardware that is malfunctioning? Or is it a software error?
-Thanks.

Hard drive error

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.