Help me…all solutions are welcome. Please read explanation carefully…

Yesterday, my computer system was working as normal and very good. It was raining, so
I turned my system off – regular shutdown. Then proceeded to turn off my surge protector, now the system is off. I return home after 3 hours of rain (not sure if thunder & lightning), attempt to turn on my system but all I get is a black screen - monitor say’s “NO SIGNAL, my CPU fan is running, but I notice that the LCD light on the front of my computer which normally is blinking to indicate activity is a static yellow color – no blinking whatsoever, just a constant solid color. But, it doesn’t appear anything is being accessed…although, I cannot tell since the there is no picture on the monitor.

My system is password protected, but with no video I cannot tell if I am at the screen prompt or not…I have since started and shut down system on numerous occasions, so who knows what screen if any is showing up.

I am running 768MB of RAM (256 & 512 stick), I removed each and booted to the same problems. CD Rom & DVD lights light up as normal.

P.S., the monitor does work because I hooked it up to my laptop for verification.
I also removed my independent Geforce video card and attempted to use my onboard video card and if I recall correctly I still did not get a picture of sorts. Up until yesterday, the computer has worked flawlessly – HDD is fairly new, etc. Any suggestions…

160GB (C) drive with operating system & programs
200GB (F) drive for storage, data, video, etc.
CD-RW drive (D)
DVD Burner (E)

Emachine w2247 --- 1.8GHZ AMD, solid system.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST…

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

A little help...

i'm gettin this same problem, first though mine used to make the siren noise when it started, which indicated the cpu was most probably dead so i've bought a new one, but still it will not show anything on the screen or boot luckly the siren noise has stopped and don't get no other error beeps but it has really baffled me so any help much appreciated.

i'm gettin this same problem, first though mine used to make the siren noise when it started, which indicated the cpu was most probably dead so i've bought a new one, but still it will not show anything on the screen or boot luckly the siren noise has stopped and don't get no other error beeps but it has really baffled me so any help much appreciated.

I think I have traced mine to MOBO or CPU problems...everything else is working. I will test another CPu on the board later to rule out one or the other.

Hmmm...it sounds like sone kind of video error, not sure why the onboard video didn't work...I would suggest trying possibly another video card (is it AGP or PCI video card?)

Hmmm...it sounds like sone kind of video error, not sure why the onboard video didn't work...I would suggest trying possibly another video card (is it AGP or PCI video card?)

It is AGP...albeit, if I put the video card in another system it works fine. Nvidia 8x 128MB.

A little help...

Me too.

Thanks.

Michael Locker MD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.