ok so here is the skinny. i had this computer for some time. i got a new case and moved everything to the new case now i cannot get any beeps, no post and the mobo has the power light on it. this was working fine in the old cae. i simple shutdown remove the power cable remove all the parts and install in the new case.
here is what i have done so far.
remove all all the components from the mobo. (memory, CPU, hard drive)still no beep no post Mobo has no built in VGA so the external is nescessary.
remove the mobo from the case, put on anti static plastic bags. with now component except video card still no beep, no POST

as of right now i have remove the cmos battery and put every thing aside.
i am here asking if anyone has an insight on whats happening. it's kinda strange a MObo would go bad just from one case to anotehr. i have built several PC never run into this before

Motherboard
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD

Power Supply
COOLMAX CW-650T 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core

Memory
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD2500AAKS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

first thing i think of is the case front power button ,make sure its all connected proper to the board .or leave them all on plugged and use a small flat screw drive to jump the 2 pins marked for the PwSrW wire,from right to left they are pin 3 and 4 ,bottom row , that is if the case doesn't have the power button all wired to one plug.
if you have the manual it on 2-31 /pg 14,
if you don't have the manual ,get it here .
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2/M2N32SLI_DeluxeWireless_Edition/#download

One thought, did you fit the standoffs before mounting the mobo in the new case?
If you don't know what I mean by standoff then do a google picture search for "computer motherboard standoffs".

If you did fit the mobo without standoffs then there is a strong chance that you have fried it and will need to replace the mobo to get the system working. The PSU will need to be checked out thoroughly too if this is the case.

most if not all newer cases don't have standoffs anymore , the one i have seen/used anyway

the power switch pins were connected correctly. the board comes with a jumper that you can plug all the cables on to, then connect it to the mobo. all thefans works fine. including the one in the PSU. the stand off were alreay installed in the case. and they line up with all the holes on the mobo.@ caperjack. all case use stand off. it's those screw like what you would screw in you monitor cable pin into. they prevent the mobo from grounding out with the case. the power and reset were connected correctly. i could use the button to turn on and off the PC the reset button works ok also.

.@ caperjack. all case use stand off. it's those screw like what you would screw in you monitor cable pin into..

of course they do ,not sure what my brain was thinking ,thinking something i did many ,many years ago,is coming back to haunt me

Can you test your graphics card and ram in a friends computer?

think in the mode of how the computer would boot. does the motherboard have a green light? then are the memory in the correct slots from 0-4 or however many slots you have. look to just get the BIOS at first then move from there. check each cable to make sure it has good contacts and maybe clean them with alcohol.

I cannot try the memory as it does not fit in any other PC that I have. the video card words ok in other PC. the green power light on the mother board does come on.

i am marking this solved as no one not even me can come up with an answer. i have replace all hardware since. have a new kick ass PC now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.