What is thin clients ?????? need the information

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

it is a small pc without a hardrive and os. it has a bootable network card which boot from the network.it gets the os from a connected server which host everting.the user has a thin client mouse keyboard and a monitor.

ok thanks for this information

The thin client itself is pretty much useless without connecting to a server that provides either virtualized applications or virtual desktops. Citrix and VMWare are currently the leaders (in my opinion) in the desktop virtualization space.

The thin client itself is pretty much useless without connecting to a server that provides either virtualized applications or virtual desktops. Citrix and VMWare are currently the leaders (in my opinion) in the desktop virtualization space.

You dont' even need virtualized applications to use a thin client. Just a pxe boot network card and a properly configured x-server and you have yourself full client capabilities. I've worked on a project in school called "Linux terminal server project (LTSP)" and that's one example of a non-virtualized aspect of thin-client usage.

commented: thanks for that info! +4

Very nice. thanks for sharing that. I will be interested in looking into that.

2 signature link spammers bantering back and forth .lol
why would some ask what is thin client ,and hav a link to a India web site about thin client .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.