Hello,

I have Windows XP Home Edition. I am getting a message when i turn on my toshiba satellite A65-S1026; it says "we apologize for the inconvenience, etc." and gives me a number of options to start up. None works - no matter which i select, i will get a blank screen for a few minutes, then a quick blue screen which i can't read b/c it shuts down again quickly. it does this continuously. The options that they give include Safe mode,safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known windows config and start windows normally. I have tried em all none of em work and same thing stated above happens.
I installed VPN client which is a client by cisco system for secure wirells networking and that might be have caused this.However, I cant uninstall it cuz i cant get into safe mode. ITs that blue screen for a split second which i cant read and then back to screen with the options.

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I also have windows XP Home on a Toshiba Satelite Laptop. I have a similar experience. Mine will start up and act perfectly fine, until it gets to the desktop. From there it acts like it is loading, but only the background shows. It won't let me click on anything (startbar) and i can't ctrl+alt+delete my way out of it either. Every once in a while I can somehow get around it and it will load without the background. For some reason it will work then, I don't know if my problem is related to the background, but I am about ready to take it to a pro and dish out cash I dont have.

i have the same exact problem with my satilite laptop and i dont know wat to do im gonna try to run chkdsk idk what else if you figure it out then can you tell me what u did to solve the problem

Hi there,

I am experiencing the exact same problem, only my laptop is a Philips one and it runs Window Vista Ultimate. I await for it to load and some writing flashes up and dissapears too soon to read what was wrote. I tried loading a recovery cd I downloaded for Vista but it did no good for the laptop by the looks of things. I was having trouble installing new programs and tried to change the laptop back to factory settings but had no success in doing this. I'm now at a loss as what to do next, and also can't afford to fork out money I don't have on something I hope can be fixed easy.

Any help would be very appreciated. Hopefully as others have the same problem, a known solution is about.

Hi Bob,
I ended up just restoring the laptop to factory setting (or a PC repair company did)

Hi Bob,
I ended up just restoring the laptop to factory setting (or a PC repair company did)

thats what I would suggest mr bob,but first try a chkdsk then a windows repair is chkdsk fails

Hi Bob,

I know this is an old topic but was just wondering as I have the same problem.

Did this solve the problem...

Hi.
I'm having the same problem with my Toshiba A200. I tried system restore (on my Win Vista Home) and i tried restarting with the installation DVD in the optical drive, i tried with a win XP installation CD, i tried with a MAC OS installation DVD and i only got errors, didn't even get through loading files for any of these operating systems. So i guess this is some kind of a hardware problem.

My laptop is now at the manufacturer's service company and i hope they'll fix it fast.

BTW, i got this issue a month after the manufacturer's serviece company changed the motherboard and the video card (the original ones got fried).

Hi there,

I am experiencing the exact same problem, only my laptop is a Philips one and it runs Window Vista Ultimate. I await for it to load and some writing flashes up and dissapears too soon to read what was wrote. I tried loading a recovery cd I downloaded for Vista but it did no good for the laptop by the looks of things. I was having trouble installing new programs and tried to change the laptop back to factory settings but had no success in doing this. I'm now at a loss as what to do next, and also can't afford to fork out money I don't have on something I hope can be fixed easy.

Any help would be very appreciated. Hopefully as others have the same problem, a known solution is about.

I have gone through the history of your laptop. I would like to share my experience with you regarding my Toshiba laptop. I have switched to vista from XP and later on suddenly the blue death screen appears and it turns in to black smears so I was worried about that .It may happen due to registry problem but I couldn't fix it . I am living in sheffield and I have got a reference from one of my friend that Laptop repair sheffield is the best solutions for any type of laptop as well as PC issues . So I decided to try it out and trust me they have done the wonderful job to my laptop. After that many times I have taken service from there and I have got satisfied service . So my suggestion is to visit once for great service with very affordable price.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.