:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: HiI HAVE TWO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first problem occurs when I run a virus scan. I contacted EZ ANTI VIRUS and the company said that this problem is a MICROSOFT problem because I ran a scan in the safe mode and everthing was ok. 1st problem is when I run a scan 1/2 way into the scan I recieve a error message::::MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBARYBUFFER OVERRUN DETECTED!!!Program: ocume:~1owner/local~/temp/pfte.temp/set up.exeBuffer over run has been detected which has corruptedbthe prograns internal state. The program can not saftely continue execution and must now terminate.2nd problem is when I try to shut down the computer I receive this message. The error message pops up several times before I can shut down...I explore.exe application error"The instructions at "0x02412475"referenced memory at "0x024423c4"The memory could not be "read".Click on ok to terminate the program.I AM CLUELESS ON THESE PROBLEMS. ARE THEY LINKED TO A COMMON PROBLEM?????PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN WITH ONE PROBLEM OR BOTH..THANK YOU KINDLY.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: P.S. IF YOU CAN PLEASE EXPLAIN IN EASY TERMS BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW THE :rolleyes: COMPUTER LINGO AND I AM MOSTLY A BEGINNER COMPUTER USER....THANKS...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Contact Microsoft.

Visual C++ library.
Runtime error. Abnormal program termination.

SYMPTOMS

When you attempt to connect to the Internet, you may receive an error message similar to the following: Visual C++ library.
Runtime error. Abnormal program termination.

CAUSE

This problem can occur when both of the following conditions are true:
•America Online (AOL) software is running on your computer.
•Your installation of America Online software is damaged.

RESOLUTION

To work around this problem, use the following methods in the order that they appear.

Remove the AOL Software

1.Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2.Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3.On the Install/Uninstall tab, click the AOL software, click Add/Remove, and then follow the steps to remove the software.
4.Repeat step 3 for any additional instances of the AOL software until all AOL software is removed.

Clean the Windows Temp Directory

1.Use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\Temp.
2.On the Edit menu, click Select All.
3.Press DELETE, and then click Yes to delete all the files.
4.On the desktop, right-click Recycle Bin, and then click Empty Recycle Bin.
5.Restart the computer.

Install AOL Software

1.Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close Program dialog box.
2.Quit all programs except Windows Explorer and Systray (which are parts of Windows). To quit a program, click the program, and then click End Task.
3.Click Cancel.
4.Disable any antivirus or disk tool programs that are installed on the computer. For information about how to disable these programs, see Help or the printed documentation for the program.
5.Run the AOL Setup program.

(Copy-paste from microsoft support)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.