Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this, but I saw troubleshooting so figured it was heh...

Anyways.. to start off with, I'm not a computer person.. at all so if anyone can help me, then EASY instructions/answers would be most appreciated :cheesy:

So here goes, I restarted my computer about 30 minutes ago, but now after the windows logo thing comes up right after that when it should be showing me desktop, nothing but a black screen comes up.
Can't do anything cept hit the power button to turn off/on the computer.

I CAN start it up in safe mode, but that's it and well, I have no idea what to do now that it is in safe mode lol.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have no idea what could be wrong with it since it was working perfectly fine a half hour ago.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I just tryed a System Restore? think that's what it was..... and it didn't seem to work.

Same old darn black screen.

Just.. fyi :)

Did you install any software programs or any hardware before you had this problem, if you installed any software before this happend the you should hit the F8 key on boot up to go to safe mode and while you are booted in safe mode you should uninstall any software that you might have install pior to this problem. If the PC hangs up before it gets to safe mode then you should probably open the system case and check if the CPU Fan is running.

I figured out what was wrong with it.. of course AFTER I reformatted it.. *sigh*
For some reason the USB plug thing for the palm pilot was making the computer freeze up, but only on restart *shrugs*
Don't ask me how I figured it out... b/c it's too long to share heh....

Anyways... Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.