OK--here is my problem. I turn on the computer and it begins to boot. At random points (I have rebooted/restarted many times) the mouse and keyboard turn off and the computer stops booting. It happens when the initial startup is happening, halfway through a windows load screen, or after the desktop begins to load up. There appears to be no pattern as to when it will cut out. Here are the specs of my computer as best I know:

Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard (BIOS is updated)
AMD Athlon 64 3400 Processor
430 W Antec power supply
BFG Tech GeForce 7800 GS video card
Two 512K matched memory sticks (Corsair I believe)
Western Digital 80GB 7200 RPM hard drive
Lighted case with 5 fans
CD ROM, floppy drive

Any and all help is appreciated. I just installed the most recent update from Windows (auto download).

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Open your case and assure the the CPU fan is running properly....this sounds like the CPU is burning up and shuts off. If that is not the case, then is will be the power supply.

I'll agree to that...

Antec is usually really good about making solid power supplies, you could even go so far as to say the memory or motherboard aren't functioning either. Again, one could then argue the power supply got crippled from some unwanted amounts of current. :\

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.