Hey all,

I'm attempting to work on a customers laptop and am completely stumped. I was told that it was working fine until he installed software for his iPod. The installation told him to reboot and now it won't power up at all. The battery seems to be fully charged and with or without the ac adapter the blue lights flash for a split second then nothing. Any advice would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey all,

I'm attempting to work on a customers laptop and am completely stumped. I was told that it was working fine until he installed software for his iPod. The installation told him to reboot and now it won't power up at all. The battery seems to be fully charged and with or without the ac adapter the blue lights flash for a split second then nothing. Any advice would be tremendously appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Hi...

I just want to know if you resolve the problem with you Notebook, because according of what you said, im having exactly the same one but with a hp pav ze4900

Hi...

I just want to know if you resolve the problem with you Notebook, because according of what you said, im having exactly the same one but with a hp pav ze4900

Hi guys i ahve just finished a repair on a ze4700 series and a ze5600 series laptops and both of them had indentical errors..on the 4700 series i found the problem to be no more than a bad stick of memory, try reseating it if that doesnt work replace the stick, you can also try the reset button that this series of laptop has because on the 5600 series i repaired it was due to a corrupt OS on the Hard Drive i found that when i inserted another hard drive OS ready it would boot up to bios fine and load the OS without problems, but that hard drive that was in there originally just would not work, i had to connect the original Hard Drive to my PC and Remove the data before doing a full format then it loaded and installed the OS straight away, i think before you install anything on these series laptops make sure to flash the bios with the most recent version you can and make a back up disk because i fear it may be more common than we think, the ze5600 series laptop i have no disassembled and am selling as replacement parts on the almighty Ebay and the 4600 i have kept to sell as a unit and have been installing lots of programs on to test it to its full, the only program i have had trouble with up to now is google Earth Pro, seems when ever i try to run it i get a blue screen error and laptop shuts down so i would advise to stay clear of that one as i have not gotten to the bottom of it yet...matter of time though unless someone takes it off my hands first
Hope this info may help a little
Take care and good luck...let me kow how you get on

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.