I just recently (well not really, it's been a while since it's been not working... -_-) built my own computer from parts off of newegg.com, I have an asus a8n5x motherboard, an amd 64 3200+, and an nvidia geforce 7600gt as my vidcard. Basically, when i turn it on, it runs, but nothing happens, my dvd/cd drives and harddrive don't do anything. The thing is, i've tried almost all my parts on another rig and they work find. I just never swapped cpus, but mine has no visible damage to it, and I see no reason why it shouldn't work, so what should I do? I'm at a loss for what to do, as I already rma'ed my mobo and it came back with no problems. Is this a problem with the BIOS?

1) could be the ram not letting boot into the BIOS, if you don't hear a beep, it's the ram
2) if the fans don't run, it's the power supply
3) double check the jumpers, make sure J1 is accurate, that's for the CMOS
4) are you running an Intel or AMD cpu (if intel, make sure the intel power connector goes into the mobo as well)

1) could be the ram not letting boot into the BIOS, if you don't hear a beep, it's the ram
2) if the fans don't run, it's the power supply
3) double check the jumpers, make sure J1 is accurate, that's for the CMOS
4) are you running an Intel or AMD cpu (if intel, make sure the intel power connector goes into the mobo as well)

ok, well,
1) I've tried to run it without the ram and the bios doesn't boot up and it doesn't beep either way
2) all the fans run fine, and i've tried 3 different power supplies on my rig
3) sorry, whats J1? I'm new at this, this is my first build
4) it's an AMD cpu

thanks for the help

I've tried reseting the cmos and reflashing the bios, but I couldn't update the bios cuz nothing even loads up from the floppy drive. it doesn't even post. it runs though, just nothing happens, does anyone know whats wrong?

Unplug all drives. leave one stick of ram, video card and moniter, PSU, processor. unplug all leds; power,reset,hdd...
use a slot screwdriver to jump the led to start your computer.
See if it will post. If it does, maybe your case on/off switch is bad or you had something hoked up wrong. If it won't post and you know your video card is good, and ram. It could be bad news. You may have to have your board and processor checked.

I've already done that, but it still won't post. I just ordered a new motherboard. Theres like almost no chance of my processor being screwy right? cuz that would seirously suck

I've old Bom running XP(o/s), it running well then it just black screen; when i rebootup there is no beep sound, no cd's light flashing, seem its running but its black screen just notthing even (f2, f8, f12, f10 when bootup)
please help me out all Champ:(!!!

I tried remove RAM one by one, then all RAM out then boot it up, but not Beep no sound, i took the battery out for a night, replace the battery back, but still black screen.!(all fans are working)!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.