Hiya,

I got a new sony Vaio (Sony Vaio FS515H Pentium M 740) today and set about installing wondows xp professional. Everything was fine. Then I tried to instal a tv tuner but had to keep restarting.

Next I know the laptop loads up but freezes on the xp welcome screen. A grey box pops up saying an I/O operation has tried with the registry to flush out something but it cant get rid of it.

Basically the laptop loads up but i cant get past the welcome screen onto my desktop. Also sometimes it loads up with a check for consistency in the d drive.

Can anyone help please??? I've tried looking for the reset button but I cant find it anywhere and I didn't get a user manual either.

Please please help!!

Thank you

Harriet

The reset button is prob. in the botton, near the battery. Can you try to boot up in safe mode. Then check the compatability with the TV tuner and your harware versions. Maybe you might need to uninstall the TV tuner, upgrade ALL your drivers to the compatability versions to your tuner, THEN install the TV tuner.

Let me know if that works.

The reset button is prob. in the botton, near the battery. Can you try to boot up in safe mode. Then check the compatability with the TV tuner and your harware versions. Maybe you might need to uninstall the TV tuner, upgrade ALL your drivers to the compatability versions to your tuner, THEN install the TV tuner.

Let me know if that works.

I've looked for it but I just cant find it! I've tried to boot in safe mode but it freezes. But what caused tyhe problem was when i uninstalled the tv tuner and restarted the laptop and it stopped going through to the desktop.

Thanks for your help i'll try booting in safe mode again. Do you have any other ideas?

Harriet

Hmmm... have you tried rebooting with the TV Tuner Disc in the Drive?? It might be possible that it knows what it's looking for but it cant find the file (looking in the drive)... if that doen't work, try rebooting with the Windows CD on.

Hmmm... have you tried rebooting with the TV Tuner Disc in the Drive?? It might be possible that it knows what it's looking for but it cant find the file (looking in the drive)... if that doen't work, try rebooting with the Windows CD on.

I managed to reboot in safe mode with command and then do system restore. Thanks for your help! Thought that I had ruined it.

Again Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.