Hi

I am getting the above error on my Dell Latitude 600 laptop. Is there any way I can get the data out of my old hard drive. Dell is sending me a new hard drive , but I need the data out the old one . Any possible solutions is highly appreciated.

Thanks

If a HDD is still readable, you can fit it into another machine as the second drive (using an adapter if it is a laptop drive).

But if it isn't readable there's not much you can do yourself. You need to talk to data recovery companies and find out how much it will cost.

When we need people to do Windows reinstalls or if a new HDD is needed, and they start kicking off about all the data they haven't backed up, I tell them that even a basic recovery (putting the drive in another machine) is going to cost them around $100-150. After that, you rapidly move up to around $1,000 or more for professional recovery on dead drives.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.